Francisca Sosa López & American Artist: Two Case Studies

Recently I came across of two artist whose work I feel resonates with different areas of my project.

In her work Desvarío incesante de una historia de amor persistente (sobre mi país ), 2019 Sosa López weaved a 2,043-word love letter to her home country of Venezuela into the fabric of the furniture in her childhood home. This artist was introduced to me in a conversation with the founders of AMALGAMA Art , in which they found a correlation between both of our works. We recently had a brief conversation on our artistic processes, in which she shared that she felt a need to create this work after having been living in London for a while. It certainly goes in line with my Love Letters project, since it expands beyond the writing format , and mixes different practices in order to encapsulate a feeling or an experience.

I have also talked about the fact that I do not wish to treat people like data. My intention is to get to know the people who want to partake or engage with my project, and enable deep interactions and relationship that expand beyond the superficialities of networking. In this line I have come across American Artist’s online performance A Refusal , in which he would meet in person with each of the people who wanted to see his work .